Letter to all Class parents 2017
Dear Class Parents:
Firstly, Thank You for taking the time to be a Class Parent! This is an important position as we try to continually improve on the communication at IESN. This year, the Class Parents will be under the guidance of the IESN PA ( Parents Association ).
Therefore, you are not alone ! Last year, we spoke to your children and the school and brainstormed over ways to make this year even better than the last. Below are some ideas which your kids came up with and what they/we would like to see happen over the coming school year.
1. Class list: Please take the time to make sure your Class Lists on Schoolsoft are correct. Please contact your Head of Year should you need some additional parent info.
2. Introduce yourself to the other parents: Send a letter to all of the parents in your class introducing yourself and other class parents.
3. Inform parents of PTA events: Remind parents of events and activities that are coming up. This is a great way to increase parent participation in these events.
4. Coordinates events: It would be our hope that Class Parents could organize class functions according to the needs of the level. It would be our hope that there would be at least 1 social event per term and 1 Fundraising Event per year. Examples: Class Fika, Class Disco, Halloween Party, Winter Social, Easter Party, End of Year Baseball. The school can always be used as a location. If you would like to use the school for any functions…please book it with Mr. Presland.
5. Fundraising: The PA has created bank accounts for every year. Therefore, whatever funds can be raised early on by each level goes straight into their bank account.
6. Collect donations and obtain teacher gifts: Be sure to give yourself time to do this. Is it up to you if you start an in class fund for Christmas/End of Year Teacher gifts.
Please join our new Facebook page. IES NACKA PA
For more information on any of the above items please contact: